Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Mike's Busy Schedule and Allergies

Two things happened with Mike the same week I left for Chicago, 1) his Dad called and asked him to do some work at his house, and 2) He was diagnosed as allergic to all Milk products and Eggs in any form.  The latter has been a huge challenge for him, and now that I'm back home full time I'm in for a shock on how careful we are going to have to be with our diet.  He is being treated for the allergies now, so hopefully this isn't a life long issue, but we will have to see.  Just this week he was told he could start eating dairy again, so we are keeping our fingers crossed!

When his Dad called for the work, we thought I was only going to be in Chicago for a week.  So he was going to wait until I got home to take care of the animals.  But every week my appointment got extended further.  So we finally decided he had better just go do it.  So the two weeks encompassing Easter he went to Salt Lake and installed wood flooring at his parents house.  Instead of going home, I flew to Salt Lake for the weekend and for the holiday.   That worked out well.

He now has a contract to finish up a friends basement in Loveland (3 hours north) so now that I am am home he will be spending much of the next 2 months up there working on that.  This is the woman he helped finish her house up in Eagle's Nest, New Mexico, back in 2003 or so.  It should be a good job.  I also have some prospect of new contracts on the horizon... So everything is looking fine on the home front.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie7:59 PM

    Oh hurray for having an income! It definitely makes life easier!

    ReplyDelete