Pages

Monday, February 27, 2006

Big week in our house.

This past week was a big week in our house.

First thing Monday morning I quit my job. Yep you heard right. I haven't been completely satisfied with my return to architecture and HATE the commute. So I have been pursuing getting back into the Facility Management Database Support world, preferably on a contract basis. This week I also signed a contract with Gilbane for 20 hours a week, that no doubt will blossom to more than I want! I also am going to be doing some work for Washington Group on a contract basis that I hope will also grow to be steady part time involvement.

Mike got full-time busy this week on a contract he got for finishing a house about 10 miles south of us for a man that bought the house sight unseen off the internet from Baghdad. The house has a very nice layout and is completely finished on the exterior and only rough framed on the interior, so this is the perfect winter job for him and will keep him busy for 3 months or so, not to mention how this will help out his financial situation. He has a number of other small jobs in line as well, so he feels pretty good about his workload right now.

And if that is not enough big news, I finished my Ski Patrol training and am now a full-fledged, card-carrying member of the Snow King Ski Patrol. Of course I will only have two patrol days before the ski area closes for the season, but I feel much relief to have completed it. Now it only remains to be seen if it was all worth it in the years to come! I really hadn't realized when I joined that it would mean an entire ski season that I could not ski with Mike. (Of course there was that day three weeks ago in Deer Valley... Nice! But I digress).

No comments:

Post a Comment