Pages

Monday, March 20, 2006

Climb to Tower 9

Sunday was my first day as official ski patroller. I requested that no one get hurt and everyone complied ;-).

After the ski day we had our final hazing.. I mean test. We had to climb 3/4 up the mountain with our skis on and side stepping the whole way (no skins, no carrying the skis). For fear that I would not be able to complete the test I decided to take it slow and steady and it took me about 2-1/2 hours, finishing just before it got too dark to ski down. And after a full day of skiing then this, I was completely wiped out. It did turn out to be more of a mental challange than a physical one, but either way it was no fun... One more milestone passed.

Mike was great, watched with the crowd offering moral support, then took me out to dinner, drove me home, and tucked me in. Good thing, because I'm not sure I could have driven home!

No comments:

Post a Comment